Yep, you read that right. My dog got tipsy this evening. Not on purpose. And I swear I didn't know it was going to do it to him. *sigh* I'm a bad dog parent.
Rob made Beef Stew tonight, and one of the ingredients was 2 cups of dark beer. I thought that it cooked out, and I guess for humans it had, but not for Stone. He was smiling like a fool, and a little wobbly after we gave him some left over stew juice. My poor doggie will probably have a hangover in the morning.
In other news, I think my Middle Schoolers hate me. For some reason, doing what I ask them to do is out of the question anymore. And if we go past 4:30 and we're still rehearsing it's a major crisis. And parents start calling, and things get stressed. It's 4:40 by the time we're out, and you'd think we had been there for 8 hours. I'm not sure what to do with them. They've stopped having fun, or concentrating, or...being normal humans.
Also, I still have a cold. That's why this is being written at 3 in the morning. My Theraflu wore off, and my eyes popped open. Rob is sleeping. I'm jealous. I wish I could get an entire nights sleep. I can't remember the last time I did that, without waking up once, even if it's for a few minutes. Maybe my not sleeping, and my Middle School issues are related somehow. Hmmmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Stoney drunk... Interesting mental picture. I bet he enjoyed the stew juice though!! Heeheehee. If he's extra cranky this morning let me know! Hahahahaha.
And as for your middle schoolers. Like you said Sunday: Your Drama kids have a theatre problem. :) You should just lock them in the auditorium (at least so the parents can't get in) and keep them there until you're really done. Or hold them there just for the heck of it. ha.
I hope you feel better.
Wish I could have seen Touchstone! Hope he's not adversely affected this morning. Sorry you're not feeling well...lack of sleep definitely is a contributing factor to your Middle School issues. However, it's the time of school year when Middle Schoolers (and all students really) experience the doldrums...they're anxious for spring break and the chance to sleep late. (Something we as adults rarely get to experience!) Not to mention the fluctuating hormones the kids have to deal with. I'm praying the parents will be more supportive of your efforts to keep their children involved and helping them grow.
Love you!
Suzanne
Middle Schoolers are flighty by nature. They love you then they hate you then you're the inspiration for their Oscar. Don't take it to heart and hold the little brats til 4:45. ;) Then bring candy on fridays. Candy is a sure fire way to get them to love you...just give it to them as you release them to their equally bratty parents.
I used to pull that, revenge of the student teacher!!!! muhahahahahaha!
Post a Comment