Ok, it's March 8th, and I realize it's a little early in the year for summer wear in Oregon. But I got up today, and it literally was 40 degrees at 9 am. So, knowing that it would get hotter as the day wore on, I decided to wear Capris. I love Capris, they're like shorts, with the added benefit that you don't feel quite so bad about your thighs while wearing them.
So wearing Capris I came downstairs after getting ready for the day and realized I could get out into my flower beds and prepare them for the onslaught of Spring that's around the corner. So, trotting outside to wage war on my flower beds I learned about "things NOT to do while wearing Capris". Thus starts my list *ahem*:
Trim your rose bushes
Chase your dog in the snow
Kneel in the dirt
Deal with a nasty trash can that leaks
Get into some sort of plant that gives you rashes if touched with bare skin
Now, some of you that live in the warmer parts of the world will say "Well duh Abby, wear pants for goodness sakes" but I say, after you've been stuck in the house since October with nothing but snow snow snow and sub-zero temperatures, 40 degrees and small Narcissa plants sticking out of the weeds do have a numbing effect on the common sense. So don't judge this poor Eskimo to harshly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are too funny. ;) I hope your capri's faired well through rose bushes, snow, dirt, nasty trash cans and plants with rashes.
Hahahahahaha.
Post a Comment