So, today is Thursday. And usually it's the start of my glorious four day weekend, but today I had to work for Jo, who works for the other dentist in the office.
Now, our different rooms face the Powder River and the Leo Adler walkway. Our rooms down at my doctors end face a bridge with the river running under it (very picturesque), and the other doctors rooms face more of the "white water rapid" part.
So today it was snowing, big ol' flakes, and raining some. It was typical Spring weather in Baker City.
Anyway moving on, there was a lady walking up the path who had her coat and gloves and "winter wear" on. And she had this Lab dog. This dog was so cute, and he didn't seem to mind the weather at all because the lady chucked a tennis ball into the river and this dog jumped into the freezing water with reckless abandon, snatching his ball back from the watery depths. The lady and the dog did this three or four times, until the dog lost track of his ball and the river swept it away. Then they moved on.
Anyway, it was fun to watch. Although it really really made me miss Talullah, because this dog reminded me so much of her. I missed having a dummy for a dog so much I looked in the adoption section of our paper to see if there were any dogs that would fit that description. Let's just say I found a few. *sigh* I have to remind myself. "Stoney does a lot better if he's the only dog in the house. Stoney does a lot better if he's the only dog in the house."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Ab. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment