I am a children's author. I love to write stories for kids. I have ideas in my head that are bursting to get out sometimes. It's a lot of fun, it allows me to explore my own childhood from an adult perspective. I write about silly things, and I write about serious things. Not everything in childhood is flowers and puppies, ya know.
So anyway, I've had this story idea in my head for almost 5 years now, and I've never been able to put words to it. I came up with a title sitting in the library. It's called "The Day Harry the Bully Kissed a Big Black Beetle". Wonderful title. Never could find a good story to go along with it. Until today.
I FOUND MY STORY!!! It's actually turned into a first person chapter book. It's really coming nice. I've written the first two chapters. And it's about how this one kid deals with the bully in his life, and how he learns to love who he is, no matter where in the world he is. It's really going to be wonderful, if the story in my head flows on paper as easily.
Also, HAPPY EASTER!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day celebrating the day Jesus Christ saved us from our sins. What a wonderful reason to celebrate. Love you all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I can't WAIT to read your story!! You do such a great job with children's stories!!
Yeah! I love children's books! One of these days when I build my dream house it will have a library with an entire section of children's books!
I've had a book for young children running around in my head for years...maybe I'll actually have to put it on paper.
If you need illustrastions for your book, tag Lindley - the girl is amazing!
Love and miss you.
This sounds amazing. I am glad you are pursuing your writing skills. Love you sweetie. Mom
Post a Comment