Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why am I awake now? Again?

I've figured out something. My body really likes 3 am. It likes getting up out of a nice warm bed. It likes coming downstairs where it's cold and dark and trying to will itself back to sleep. It likes the feeling of being half awake the next day. *sigh*

I am once again awake at 3 if you had not guessed. I woke up suddenly because I was dreaming, and in my dream Touchstone was chasing squirrels and he jumped and when he landed he broke his leg really bad. I thought it had actually happened when I woke up, and I didn't really know where I was...or who I was with at that point. It was very sudden. I now know that I was in bed, in my house, sleeping with my husband...I'm still in my house, but I wish I was still in bed...sleeping with my husband.

My day of sewing yesterday was a frustrating one. It was a day of sew,rip, sew, rip. Everything I put together I had to take out again for one reason or another. I'm getting very tired of working by myself in my hot little room. I think about waaaaaaaaay to many things when I spend that much time alone, inside my head. I did finally get the dress I was working on done though. It was through the grace of God, but I got it done. I think He knew I couldn't handle working on it again for a third day.

I'm plugging away at this stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to start Mr. Bingley's costume. Hopefully all will go well. I need a change in fabric from the bleached white muslin I've been working with for the dresses. You can only look at so much white before it all blends together and becomes a blur. Fortunately, Mr. Bingley's costume is brown twill. Not that any of you care...

Alright, I'm going to work on my lines. If I have to be awake at 3 I might as well be doing something productive. Hopefully that'll tire me out too. I don't want to stay awake for hours tonight.

1 comment:

Arly said...

I hope you slept. And I hope you found some IB to help this morning!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker