Monday, May 18, 2009

FINALLY! The list...

Tragedy struck this morning in the Dennis household. 

I drank 1/4 of my Super Irish Breakfast tea, and then promptly spilled the rest of it all over the couch and floor. Now, those of you who know me know that the real tragedy of this story is the spilled tea, not the wet couch. It was a bad start to a morning. Chocolate is needed to sort out the rest of my day.

I bought a shredder yesterday. This single machine is probably the best investment I've ever made. It shreds with ease, I got rid of the massive pile of papers in my office, and I can sleep with peace at night knowing I'm doing more to protect my identity. :) Not that we have a whole lot of identity to steal, but still...I am now one of the thousands who shread every little bit of evidence that proves they ever existed. Mainly because it's fun to watch the paper being sucked through the hole. Facinating.


Ok, as promised, things I like about San Antonio: *ahem*

The fact that if I want any type of food I can go out and get it. (I'm not limited to McDonalds)
There's no carpet in my house, except for in my closet. It's all ceramic tile
Rob makes more money so I don't have to work
A mall with a store called "Teavana" is right down the street from Rob's work
I have banana trees in my backyard, those are kind of cool
...
...
...

I know there are other things that I like about San Antonio, but I can't think of any right now. 


I'm starting on my novel. I think all of you (mom...Arly) know that I'm writing a novel. I bought a book the other day called "The Mythical Creatures Bible" and it has a little blurb about all the mythical creatures from Beasts to Vampires to Fairies from all the worlds cultures. India, China/Japan, Native American, European, Biblical. It's really cool. It's a book that gets me started in the right direction. Because this novel really can take place in any time, on any continent, battling any "baddie". Really, all in all, I've left it pretty wide open for myself. What I really need is a large (like 4X8 large) corkboard, so I can pin all my research onto it, and not have to look through piles of papers all the time. 

Ok. Gonna go. Love you all!! 

1 comment:

Amara said...

What?! Novel writing?! Awesome. You should keep me posted on it comes along. That book sounds handy, and inspiration boards are amazing. I don't have one but I have taped magazine cuttings Ive liked to the wall before. Messy, but inspiring!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker