Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THE DMV and DEATH

Oh the perils of going to the DMV...

We attempted to go to the DMV again today. Well we took the time to find all of our social security cards, and the insurance from USAA, and to track down where the DMV is. And we got to the DMV and they didn't take debit cards and I forgot my checkbook at home. *sigh* SO, we'll attempt the DMV again on Friday morning and hope for the best.

Rob and I almost died last Saturday. We were at the San Antonio Zoo (which is a lot of fun actually). Anyway, we were walking around the Zoo and it started to rain, and it wasn't a bad rain. It cleared out all of the annoying kids who liked to cut in front of you at the frog exhibit. So Rob and I were enjoying ourselves at the rainy zoo, when all of the sudden a HUGE lightening bolt and almost instantly a LOUD thunderclap occurred right over our heads. I ran for cover, instantly. It was a gut reaction...even after the "almost" death-by-lightning occcurred. Rob just started laughing. My reaction was the laugh/cry. It scared me so bad. I've never been that close to being hit by lightning. With the crazy drivers, and the wild weather it'll be a miracle if we don't snuff it down here. If you want anything of mine let me know, I think we're making up wills next week. :)

And on that happy note, I'll leave you. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love thunder but not that close. Glad you still have the quick reflexes to run for cover. So you are still an Oregonian. Ahh. One more week of being part of God's best work. Now, man's work is different.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker