Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh why am I sitting in the dark?

We rehearsed Act 2 tonight, and I'm very dissatisfied with it. Whenever we rehearse Act 2 I come home...pensive. I'm not happy with where Liz is taking me. Mainly because I don't think it's Liz. I think it's me, trying to be Liz, but being to tired to put much effort into it. Plus, right now with the direction, I spend most of the last half of the play embarrassed. I'm embarrassed at Pemberley, I'm embarrassed when Darcy comes over to Longbourne, I'm embarrassed at the final proposal. I don't like it.

Plus the way the final proposal is directed there is absolutely no passion to it at all. Shouldn't there be? I mean, finally...these two people get together after all they've been through, and it's...stoic. Or at best...embarrassed. :) *sigh*

Peter and I are going to be in the parade on Saturday. This will give us at least one hour of uninterrupted "together" time to discuss this lack of passion. Oh and we're going to discuss it. :) Although I have to say tonight, the kiss was better. At least it lasted longer than 1 millisecond. Poor Pete. Has to kiss an old lady with a huge pimple on her cheek. Poo. Sorry I'm not 18 and cute Peter. Although you'll never read this, so why am I apologizing?

I've been working 11 hours a day and heading straight to rehearsal for the past 2 weeks. I'm really tired, and really overworked. I'm glad for the weekend. I'll be able to get my groove back. I don't work for 2 weeks, so I'll be able to get the costume design finished. I'm at the start of a very productive, and not quite as tiring, 2 weeks. Beautiful. I'm looking forward to sleeping until I wake up tomorrow. Maybe my next post won't be quite so...down. An honest talk with my fellow actor, and some sleep. They are good things for emotional health.

2 comments:

Arly said...

HEY. I have a couple of things to say:

1. People say we look like each other, and they also say that I'm cute, THUS you MUST be cute. :)

2. I want to discuss with you the final proposal scene sometime, so if you don't get online today I will call you tomorrow. Be forwarned. :)

3. I'm glad you have the next two weeks off to just concentrate on costumes.

Love ya big sis.

Anonymous said...

May the theatre goddess be with you the next couple of weeks. Love you!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker