Monday, April 28, 2008

My mom asplode, (Not really)

Ok I'm blogging. Despite the fact that I've been REALLY BUSY, my mother guilted me into blogging. It was one of those comments made to "another person" but directed toward me about how she checks my blog everyday EVEN THOUGH I haven't written in awhile. So here you go. Blogging, thanks to my mothers wonderful ability to guilt me. :)

I ate a lot of onions for lunch. It was in the leftovers I was eating. Now I have a stomach ache, and heart burn. I knew it'd do it to me when I ate it too. Dang I'm getting old.

I weeded my garden this last Saturday. I'm waging war with the crabgrass that has taken over my lawn and moved into my rose beds. And when I say I weeded my garden, I mean weeded half of it before my body shut down in protest. I couldn't move the rest of the day. It was sad.

I've come to the point in one of my stories where God speaks up, and frankly I've been paused there for some time, because writing it makes me nervous. Who am I to write words for God? God, could you write that part of the story for me? Then it'd be a true representation of You. Plus, it'd be easier for me. :) Thanks.

Tax rebates came out today. Rob was in the first group. It was supposed to be direct deposited into our account. But it wasn't. If anyone got their kicker check today let me know. I think the government lies. Shocker.

I offered to cook dinner for our "preacher search committee" for our meeting this week. No one wants to come to my house. Am I THAT bad of a cook? On another note, we all bring a dish to our Thursday night bible study, and one lady gets praised to the skies on her efforts, and mine are mostly ignored. *sigh* I must be delusional about my cooking ability.

My dog smells bad.

I have the day off tomorrow. I'm going to make aprons for "Quilters" then I'll be done with the show. Yay.

Ok mom, I blogged. Love you.

3 comments:

Arly said...

Mom's good at guilt. I think that's her special gift from God. :)

You want to come weed my ... entire yard? :)

We have not received our "economic stimulus" yet either. That is what you're talking about, yes? Not the refund of taxes?

There's a preacher search committee?? Already? I think the committee is just dumb if they dont want to come to your house for dinner. You are a great cook. Far, far FAR better than I. I take after Mom in that regard.

Wash Stone Dog. :) He'll run around and growl.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I didnt guilt you. It was your own guilt. I do love reading your thoughts though. I especially liked your need to have God write his part of the story. AND . . . you ARE a good cook. Much better than your mother. Love you always and forever. Mom

Wendy... said...

I'm now waiting for the title: "My dad asplode" - because it definitely fits! Love you all. Praying for everyone.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker