Friday, June 27, 2008

Why do I sew?

I'm sewing. Sewing about 20 costumes for Pride and Prejudice. So far I've finished Mr. Darcy, Lady Catherine deBourgh, and a "ball guest-male". I'm working on Elizabeth Bennett's costume (i.e. mine) and I sewed the sleeves on backwards. I tried to avoid it, because I know I ALWAYS do it at least once, I tried really hard. I marked everything, I looked really hard. I thought I had done it right, so I serged the edges to make them nice and clean. Then I put it back up on my dressform and lo and behold the STUPID SLEEVES ARE ON BACKWARD!!! I tried, and tried, and tried...and I still did it. It looks like Lizzy is sticking her arms back and her chest out. Stupid fabric....stupid pattern...stupid stupid me.

When I saw the calamity that is Lizzy's costume I just sat down. I think I'm done for the day.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker