Sunday, June 1, 2008

Musings of a Bitter Woman at 4am.

So here it is, almost 4 in the morning, and I'm awake, out of bed, and freezing my bum off because I'm sitting at the kitchen table. I want to be in my nice warm bed with my husband and dog, but I'm not. My eyes just popped open at 3 and I couldn't get back to sleep. I tried to pray (because I figure that's what you do when your eyes pop open unexpectedly) but my prayers ended up in a bitter diatribe about how you can't be young and live in Baker and expect to make any money to speak of. And what on earth does God want us to do? Because I'm willing to move if that's what we need to do, we just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any direction at this point would be a welcome insight into our lives. So, I got up. I figured God has probably heard it a thousand times already anyway.

We watched "PS I Love You" last night. I have to say that if I were in any kind of sentimental mood I would have wept through the entire movie, happy or sad parts (I am my mothers daughter after all). I liked it. I'm not sure if I'd own it, mainly because I don't like movies that make me cry. It's a happy movie, but there are parts of it that are pretty tear jerking, especially if you have a husband and can comiserate. But overall (ARLY) it's a happy movie and you should see it. Trust me, it doesn't end sad.

Funny story, I asked Rob to mow the grass on Friday after he got home from work. To which he said "I'm really tired right now, I'll do it tomorrow (Saturday) after I get home at 4" I said "Ooooookay, you could do it now and get it over with". Needless to say, his viewpoint won the day and I waited until Saturday morning to bring it up again. I said "You know, if you wait until this evening I bet ya that even though it's not on the forecast for today, it'll rain. You won't mow the grass, and you'll be in DEEP trouble". To which he said "I know. I'm still going to wait until this afternoon to do it". Fine. Have it your way. So....going along the day very nicely. Looking at the amazon rainforest that has become our backyard. Doing some preliminary sketches for Pride and Prejudice this summer and lo and behold...it begins raining. And not just light drip drip drop raining, a torrential downpour of the wettest/coldest kind ensues. Hail, thunder, lightening. The heavens open up and there begins one of the heaviest rainstorms of the season so far. Rob got on MSN and basically said "I'm in trouble". Big time buddy...big time.

Ok, I'm done rambling for now. My feet are really cold and I need to warm them up under a blanket. I'm going to try reading and see if that doesn't help. Maybe munch on some toast. Hopefully I get back to sleep or I'm going to be one wonderful person come daylight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abby, I read this yesterday and have been praying for you ever since. It brought back memories of my life at the age you are now. Rob called me this evening and we talked a bit and I just have to let you know you've been in my thoughts and prayers continually. I've prayed for peace of mind to come to you and that you will know how loved you are by Robert & I. We are so blessed that God brought into our lives. In a bit more than a month we'll be seeing you once again and I'll be able to give you the hug I'm aching to give you right now. I love you!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker