My father-in-law is coming home from Afghanistan today! He's landing in Fayettville, North Carolina around 3 pm our time. He has spent a year and three months overseas with the 82nd Airborne, but has spent longer than that away from his family and his home town.
A lot of sacrifices are made so we can live in a free country. Even if a person doesn't die overseas fighting wars, they still have given their life for their country. To be overseas, fighting a war, away from home, comfort, people you know, things you love. That, to me, is giving your life.
Thank you Robert for your service. I'm honored you'd do it for me. And I'm honored you'd do it for the people who don't appreciate it. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are all THRILLED that Robert will be coming home shortly!! Thank's Robert for all that you did and all that you do!!
Post a Comment