Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkins are on sale at Safeway and Albertsons now. Yay October!!

It's time for a deep clean of my house. We have the "coaches after party" at our house this Friday, and I need to get it ready. There is an interesting dynamic that plays into the "coaches after party" it's almost like the wives are trying to outdo each other without actually admitting it to each other, or themselves. Last time we had Mexican-ish with a disgusting pudding pie type thing. However this week, since it's at our house, we're having corn chowder and cinnamon rolls. Which means I have to make everything, and keep it warm until about 11 at night when everyone comes over. No big deal, but on top of all that I'm giving my house a thorough deep cleansing. Which is terrifying.

I honestly don't think my kitchen has ever been this clean. I don't think Rob even knows to what extent I've gone through to clean my house this week. I think if he knew he would wonder why I was doing all of that. But trust me, some of the coaches wives (and one is also my co-worker) will see every speck of dirt I don't get to. Must carry on...must disinfect my house...must keep my husband contained to only two rooms (bedroom and bathroom) so he doesn't explode his clutter piles on my freshly disinfected surfaces...must...soldier...on...must...get...every...last...speck...of...dirt...

2 comments:

Amara said...

Dang, you go girl! Nothing like the motivation of impending doom... I mean... impending guests, to spur one on to clean!

In fact... I just tore apart our front room for just that purpose. Now to put it back together....

Good luck on the eatables!

Arly said...

I can completely understand this sentiment! I am sure your home looks lovely! And I hope you have contained Rob to two rooms. He is acting like a caged animal? Send him outside to chase squirrels with Stoney. ;)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker