Is anyone else unnerved by bathrooms with mirrors in them that are angled at exactly the correct way that you can see yourself while you use the toilet?
I had that experience the other night. I was in a rather small bathroom, and there was a full length mirror on the back of the door. I'll leave the details out of this story, but needless to say I had a "wonderful" view of myself...
First off, what is a full length mirror doing in a small bathroom? It's not like you can stand far enough away from it to really have it be of any value to you. Second, have the owners of the house never considered that it might be strange for them to get a full view of themselves in rather....personal moments? No one needs a third person view of that action. No one. The only way your whole body fits into that mirror is if you're sitting down, which luckily they have the prime spot for that action not 2 feet away.
It was off putting to say the least. I don't mind mirrors, I don't mind small bathrooms. I DO mind huge mirrors in small bathrooms. Sometimes you just need to get away from looking at yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment