Saturday, June 6, 2009

Why does every nasty bug known to man, live here?

Apparently, my body loves the hours between 2am and 5am. Or maybe those are the hours that my body chooses to tell me exactly what it thinks of me. If that's the case, then I have a pretty good idea that if my body could choose anyone else to be, it would do it.

Usually, this is how my night goes: Fall asleep somewhere between the hours of 9:30 to 11 pm. Sleep fairly well until 2ish, then wake up. Feel searing pain in my shoulder blades radiating throughout my neck and shoulders. Toss and turn to try to relieve some of the shooting bolts of nastiness. Start thinking about fleas. Start thinking about Stoney's fleas. Start panicking about tics in my bed. REALLY become alert and focused. Twitch at every little tickle on my skin. Worry that Stoney's "hot spots" are going to fester and his skin will fall off and he'll die. Lay on my back, clearly the position I'm laying in isn't helping my back. Can't fall asleep on my back, might as well get up. There are bugs in my bed anyway...

*sigh*

And anyone I tell this too ends up patronizing me and becoming impatient with my incessant worry about fleas and tics (Rob). But it truly bothers me that Stoney has "hot spots" on his skin, more than likely caused by fleas, and his hair is matted to them and they're probably festering underneath. (I squeezed a ton of puss out of the spot on his head the other day) Plus on top of that, he's getting more bumps on his skin everyday. I'm not sure if they're more "hot spots" or not, but it's disturbing. It's SO disturbing to me, that I've seriously considered sending him home to Oregon so he wouldn't have to suffer with them OR the fleas anymore. And I don't particularly want to give my 12 year old bubby up. (Yes, I said bubby.)

And now that I'm up, in the dark, the cockroaches are probably coming for me. I'm going to go get my feet up off the floor and go sit on the couch.

3 comments:

Arly said...

Oh Ab. If you're concerned about the hot spots go to the vet! He can also tell you good ways to get rid of Texan fleas...

Love you! Hope your back starts to feel better.

Amara said...

Abby, you must tell me what your favorite teas are. I've been pondering all of my own favorites and now I'm terribly curious of yours.

Kristy said...

I hate to laugh at your pain, love...but your blog seriously made me laugh :) I am really sorry about your back pain and stoney's hot spots :/ You had to have known about all the gross bugs in Texas!! yuck! lovey ou :)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker