Monday, June 22, 2009

To A Beloved...

How do you encourage someone to live life, when they don't believe they can. When they don't believe in themselves enough to pick something to do, and do it! Even if they change their minds later, or they find out they really didn't like it in the first place. How do you encourage someone who needs to leap, fly, run away from her current life and just DO SOMETHING! It doesn't matter what, just something. Take forward motion, don't stay stagnant, don't do the same thing over and over again fearful of making a mistake. Just go! Just do something. I have a beautiful friend, and I love her, and she is just so fearful of leaping that she stay's at home and she looks at the world around her and knows HOW to change it, she just doesn't believe she can. She won't risk enough, or put enough of herself out on the line, or is so confused with what she OUGHT to do. And it breaks my heart to see because this woman could be fantastic, dynamic. IS fantastic and dynamic to those who know her, but the WORLD could see her for how fantastic I know she is.

I want to be the shoulders she climbs over on her way to her independence. I don't know how to make her understand how much potential I see in her. I wish she could see herself through my eyes. I wish she knew how beautiful I think she is. How strong and courageous she can be.

1 comment:

Amara said...

Sounds like she has an wonderful friend.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker