Saturday, June 13, 2009

The brilliancy of me.

I'm writing a novel. Yes, you heard that right. A novel. Now, for those NAYSAYERS out there that think I should get a job I'll tell you, I have one. It's being a youth ministers wife. It's a job and a half keeping up with all the stuff going on with the youth group. Unfortunately however, I don't get paid for this job. So I write. I get discouraged easily, and want to quit, but Rob believes in my story so wholly that he encourages me to keep going at it. Which I appreciate, since if I didn't write this story the characters in my head would probably kill me in my sleep. They can do it too, they're hardcore.

Anyway, I'm typing out these pages and pages of personality breakdows for my characters (I'm talking 11 pages of personality profile stuff on EACH character, and I have 4 main ones), and the story is coming to me in FANTASTIC detail. I had the general overview of things when I sat down to write it all. I knew pretty much where it was going, but it's absolutely amazing to me that these people inside my head are telling me how their story goes. And let me tell you...I can be one brilliant lady when I put my mind to it. Or my characters can...be...brilliant...

I'm brilliant, Brilliant, BRILLIANT I say!! Just you wait, this thing is going to make a million bucks.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Whoohooooo! Go for it Abby! I believe in you!

Amara said...

That is so awesome. Keep it up! I'm so excited to know someone who's actively writing a book instead of "that book I've been meaning to write..." like me. It inspires me to maybe give my idea's some more time. And it is amazing how sometimes it just comes to you and you know it and you don't really know where you learned it, its just there. Beautiful.

Way to go. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Amara said...

Also I'm a fan of the Celestial tea's. Mainly I love the way they blended their Chai tea (my all time favorite tea). And that lead to their Madagascar Vanilla Red tea, an recently a Chocolate Raspberry tea in a really pretty box...

Other than those Tazo White Vanilla Apricot is really good, and then a variety of fruit ice teas. I like those with some sort of tangy juice to spruce them up, and the rest of them with lots of cream and either sugar or honey. I'm only a step behind Amanda in sugaring my teas.

There, a long post to match.

Unknown said...

Abby,
I'm glad to know you're really seriously working on a novel. Looking forward to reading it! It will be great, I just know it.

Amara said...

Tazo Passion tea is amazing! They sell it at Starbucks with lemonade and after I tried it there I bought a box. They also have a Brambleberry juice/tea bottled drink which is pretty tasty. I cant say I'm a traditional tea connoisseur, because taking it straight is usually beyond me. I generally require it to have the fat content of milk before indulging. Like London Fog?, where its steamed milk over a tea bag. Not the truest tea drinker, but I am acquiring a nice collection.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker