Thursday, August 28, 2008

The library and it's drama

So, I'm sitting at the Baker County Library trying to work on my children's theatre script. I've been coming here everyday I can for the past couple of weeks. Interesting things happen at the library, and here are a few things I've learned...

1) There are a profusion of red cars in Baker.

2) Men playing chess is humorous. Old men playing chess and reacting to it like it were a loud sporting event is hilarious.

3) Bill Peet wrote some amazing children's books in his time.

4) Virginia Creeper did not get it's name by happenstance.

5) Elderly people and preteens come to the library in the mornings, which make for an exciting mix.

6) They really do frown upon talking in the "quiet" part of the library.

7) You can have very long conversations about absolutely nothing when trying to avoid working...but not in the quiet part of the library.

8) Not even the vast knowledge contained in the library will help me rewrite the trouble spots in my play.

9) Lavender, in August, is not very pretty if it's not taken care of.

10) No matter what time of day, or what time of year, the library has it's air conditioning on. And no matter where I sit, I'm directly under or over a vent.


So, now that I'm completely distracted by looking out the windows constantly, the loud noises coming from the chess boards, and the sub-zero temperatures of the library I think I'll go and get myself a coffee. The profusion of caffeine in my blood stream should help me settle down and focus. Or at least get rid of the pounding headache I woke up with. Or, at the very least, make me VERY happy to be alive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see what you are doing. Now stop procrastinating and get to work. Hehheehee

Unknown said...

I agree with your mom! :) Hope all is going well with you these days. When will you be doing the children's play?

Arly said...

Leave it to ole school teacher Mom to whip you into shape. She's vicious, you better watch out. :)

Although I, personally, like it when you procrastinate, because you get on line and talk to your sister!!

Amara said...

They do! They really do frown on talking in the quiet part! And by the way... its Taryn, and I found you!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker